Open source software
Top 7 advantages of open source software
The one thing that makes the difference between open source and proprietary software is thought to be security. However, the security means much more than just sound programming. Constant vigilance and common sense is in order. Each web site should be checked as there is no such thing as a hack code, open or closed. The question is not if, but when.
That is why security should not be one of the criteria, the refusal to rely on when the software is open source. Here are some of the most important advantages of using the seven types of software:
1. The use of open source software has significant advantages for the company, using it as well as for society. This allows a large number of developers to improve the product and distribute it. That's why open source is the true benefit to society.
2. OOpens source software is more flexible. Open source allows you to see how the program works and how to approach it in order to share or exchange data. That's why it's really easy to adapt programs so that they can work with each other.
3. Lower acquisition costs. Proper software costs are significantly higher than those with open source. In fact, in most cases, open source software is free and the cost of documentation and support low enough.
4. You do not have to worry about licenses. You can install several times, and you can use it anywhere.
5. Open source software makes it easy to debug because of access to source code.
6. When using this type of software you can benefit from its use of a larger community. This means that you can get a lot of advice from users and software developers.
7. You can choose from many software vendors at any time. Open source makes it impossible for one vendor to see themselves as the sole provider, and then take advantage of this situation.